Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mom's progress and suggestions...

Mom's Dorinda quilt is more than half quilted! She told me last night that she has something like 4 large flowers and 5-6 sunburst pairs left and then she'll be into the border.

She also wanted to let us all know that the quilting is very HARD! The places near the sunbursts are impossible to make look nice on the back of the quilt. Also, the flower centers are very difficult to quilt around because of the extra layers of applique. She suggested we cut out the excess fabric.

I tried to cut out the excess fabric of a flower center but unless you quilt 1/4" outside the center or inside it, you still get a lot of bulk. Also, I am considering "echoing" the sunburst spikes rather than hitting them in the ditch.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I thought it would be difficult with all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little worried about quilting mine since everything is so small. I sure wish I could see the original quilt and see how Dorinda did it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.