Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 29, 2009

FINALLY--A FINISHED PROJECT AND ONE YEAR'S PROGRESS ON MY DORINDA QUILT

It's been such a busy summer that I haven't had much time to sew, but I finally finished my little pinwheel wall hanging. It was really fun to do, and fun to finish.

Earlier this month we went to Las Vegas for a business trip for my hubby and while we were there I was working on my Dorinda quilt applique. I remembered that when we were there for the same meetings last year I had made my pattern and put together all my plans to make my Dorinda quilt; so I've been working on it for a year now. It doesn't look like I have done a lot, but there are many, many hours of applique in those borders. I still have a long way to go, but I'll make it. Over the past year I've been spending the time that I sat with my mother-in-law to applique, but since she passed away on July 24th I won't have that time with her anymore; so I'll have to set aside some time to keep working. We took a trip up to her home this weekend so my hubby could do more work on her estate, and I spent the time in the car sewing. Actually I worked on three different quilts while we traveled, and it sure made the trip go a lot faster.



2 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment for a year on Dorinda!!! Also, I love your pinwheel quilt. It feels good to finish things up.

    I was looking at my "quilt finishes calendar" and realized that I had finished a minimum of two quilts per month since October 2008. There were many months that had more than two. Unfortunately though, I haven't finished ANYTHING for August. I thought I might do up a couple of quickies but didn't get very far. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves look so much better than mine. I see that you are putting them on before the stem. Great Idea!! I will have to try that on my next flower.
    I love your pinwheel. It is beautiful.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.