Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Vesta has begun, Scrub Stitchin' Challenge mid-month check-in, and mystery progress

Vesta Row of the Month by Julia Wachs Designs.


Here is a mock up of what it could look like.


I am adding in a little more dark green, so it could go a little more this route.

These are the colors I had in my stash for the Vesta quilt. I actually only paid $4.50 a yard for them on sale at a retreat in Delta.  There is a beautiful border print that goes with them.


These are my five blocks almost done.  There is one more unit that needs to be added to the blocks to make them square, but this was a fun way to display them.




This is going to be a fun journey each month.  This month was paper piecing with a small bit of applique'.  The fabric pieces are kind of big, so it was no big deal.  I am loving it!


Scrub Stitchin' Challenge
April Mid-Month Check-in




I have not taken a chance to lay out my pineapple blocks for assembly yet.  Hopefully it will happen this week.
If you would like to show our progress, please link up below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Mystery Quilt progress = lots of flying geese units

Retreat is in a week and a half.  I am supposed to have the units done before I go.  I am sure I will make it.




















7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! love this one - Vesta Row of the Month !!! I've made a start on my Chookshed Challenge...but some other stuff needs me first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a fabulous quilt. Your block looks great.
    Must do a post on my challenge start.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vesta is going to be stunning. It looks very art deco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics for your new project and I love it so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re doing some great progress …..I’ll be hoping to get my post done in the next couple of days as just back from scrub Stichin today - then I’ll be linking up with my progress on our number 9 challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of Vesta...... Thought I might consider making it....... But it's too expensive for the pattern......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Vesta blocks are so cool! Congrats on all the stitching time this week. Looks like you've got a great start on your new projects.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.