Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 31, 2021

350 Blocks Challenge, 15 Min to Stitch, WOOFA Jan Party, & PHD Reports

I only discovered the 350 blocks challenge by Prairie Moon part way through the year 2020, so I hope to participate monthly for 2021.  I think I can make that many with my goals for this year, but I do plan to spend most of my sewing time machine quilting tops.

January blocks:  19 blocks total!

14 Masterpiece blocks - One was made in December.  I am halfway done with the center "X" blocks and just starting on some of the other kinds of blocks in this quilt.




1 Princess Aurora - I will count as two blocks.  Each eye should count as a block in themselves.



3 Pillow Covers I will count as three blocks


I just love how they look with the Garden Party quilt.


No new starts and one UFO down!  The Garden Party quilt with the pillows shown above was that January finish.  I worked on a total of 7 quilts though in January.


This is my first time participating in the Woofa Challenge.  I think everything I worked on in January is pretty mush summarized above.

Thanks Cheryl at Gone Stitchin' for hosting!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some amazing stuff, especially Princess Aurora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always easier to work on UFO if someone gives regular encouragement.
    Love ALL the projects you play with...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your WOOFA goals. I did it last year and got a lot done so I'm doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great with your PHD in 2021!!! I haven't heard of Woofa - will have to go look it up!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've gotten off to a strong start in 2021. I agree Auroa should be counted as more than one block. It's such an intricate pattern, as are the Masterpiece blocks. There is a lot of stitching time in those. Congrats on a great start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why they're called Masterpiece blocks. Whew! They look intense! Great progress on a lot of fronts and I'm in awe over Princess Aurora. You found the perfect fabric for the hair and the eyes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I love those Masterpiece blocks, and Aurora is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.