Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Retreat, 15 Min, and To Do

I just returned home from our little mountain retreat.  It was every bit as wonderful as I could have dreamed of!

My sister-in-law, Felicity, made this quilt.


My sister Jodi made these blocks.

Mom made a baby quilt and is beginning to embroider the Raggedy Ann and Andy blocks.  She will be getting her 9th great grand baby any day and her 10th in January.






I made one "Sweet and Simple" row and worked the rest of the time on Trail Mix.  I only have about 23 blocks left.  You can see more in piles at the bottom of the photo.  





My friend Deb came, but I do not have pictures of her.



15 Minutes Report:




To Do Tuesday:




Last week's goals:

1.  Some quilting -fail
2.  Fuse some Garden Party applique' ✔
3.  Paper Piece some Garden Party 
4.  Make some Trail Mix Blocks 
5.  Make some Omigosh Blocks - cut some pieces
6.  Make some Feathered Goose Blocks 
7.  Make some Sweet & Simple Blocks 
8.  Baste two Barnyard quilts 

This week's goals:

1. Some Machine Quilting
2. Finish Trail Mix Blocks
3. Paper Piece some Garden Party
4. Paper Piece a Santa

I am also linking up with:

14 comments:

  1. You girls certainly had a very productive retreat. Some lovely work there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a fabulous time! Great blocks and quilt progress. Regarding your to do list.... I wonder if you would find it more effective to make your goals slightly more specific eg quilt two blocks. I find if my goal is pretty open ended I tend to shy away from it because I perceive it as being too big. Making it a small achievable size makes it more approachable, and has some chance of getting done. Sometimes the goal is just to get set up for quilting, because that is my hurdle... once I'm set up its much easier to then do some 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have a family retreat and you all worked on fabulous projects...
    How are you putting your Trail Mix together ??? looks very different form the pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a fun time at retreats, and with family makes it better. You all certainly achieved good results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work from all of you. I do like the effect of trail mix. Bet you had a lots of fun too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Our guild is supposed to be having a retreat in September, so hoping they do not cancel it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such fun to see what everyone is sewing. I love the Trail Mix. That is a great scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all had a very productive time, your sister in laws quilt is beautiful. Trail Mix is coming along really well. Good to hear you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very productive weekend for all. Good luck with this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWEE - you did great on your list from last week. Especially with a holiday thrown in the mix. There's no way you could have been quilting on a retreat. How nice that you were able to spend some quilty time with family and friends. Thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to see you had a great week of sewing with family. You are scooting along with Trail Mix. I need you around me to give me a push .. keep showing those photos...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You were all really productive and made beautiful projects. You’re making great progress with Trail Mix. It is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a lovely retreat! Beautiful surroundings and gorgeous projects. Family and friends. What more could you want? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You all kicked butt and it sounds so fun to have a gathering of family/friends to quilt with. Everything is so pretty, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.