Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

MARIE'S PROGRESS


I just wanted to post some photos of my progress.  I finished quilting two quilts last year that I failed to post on the blog.

This quilt is Deana's pattern called Shimmer Braid. I finished the top a long time ago, but just recently finished quilting it. I quilted this on my home machine and I did a lot of quilting on it--probably too much, but I am happy with the way it turned out.













The next quilt is my Optical Illusion Mystery Quilt. It has been pieced and waiting to be quilted even longer than the Shimmer Braid. It's a very different quilt, and I really struggled quilting it, but I learned a lot about machine quilting on a domestic machine on this quilt.





 My goal for last year was to get caught up on my quilting so that I could always just have one quilt on the frames being basted, one quilt being quilted and one quilt  being pieced, and no other unfinished quilts.  I like to have more than one quilt to work on so that I don't get too bored. When I finished quilting the Shimmer Braid I reached that goal.

I finished piecing my New York Beauty before the end of the year, but for some reason I failed to take a photo of the finished quilt top, so I just took a photo of it on the quilt frames being basted. Here are the three quilts I'm currently working on.


This top has been waiting for a long, long time to be quilted.

I decided it was time to something a little more simple this time and I am enjoying putting together a quilt that goes together quickly.




Linking up with:  TGIFF


3 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks amazing, Marie. It was so much fun to see this post today! I particularly love the way you quilted your DOD mystery. The back really shows it off too! Great and fun piecing on the back as well.

    I agree that it is just fun sometimes to piece something simple and fun! Cute pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful. I love the close ups as it shows some great ideas. Have have some wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting on Shimmer Braid is gorgeous and the quilting you did on the Optical Illusion quilt suits the quilt very well. Congrats on all the progress towards finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.