Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Yay Yay Yay! I have another finish!

Sweet Cherry Orange is officially done!  This was a Stashbee Quilt from February of 2016.  Women from around the world in my Stashbee group sent me blocks.  I made the extras I needed for a queen sized quilt.  I love it!  Thank you ladies!

This quilt is also on my 3rd Quarter Finish Along List.
It is also on my 18 in 2018 list!
Here is the link to the Finish Along linky party.




It is also on my 18 in 2018 list and Patchwork Times UFO #11 for July.












PHD report:

I still need to finish 7 quilts this year.  One is very close, so I am almost down to 6.




 15 Minutes to Stitch Report

This report dates back to Sunday.  I always align it to Sunday so I can keep track of where I am at.  

My stitching was pretty low this past week because my son came home from a two year church mission.  When you have not seen someone you love at all in two years you want to spend every moment with them.

Days 2/7
August 19/29
Year 169/212
My percentage has dropped to 79.7%



 To Do Tuesday:

My goals for the week are many:


  • Quilt and Bind Sweet Cherry Orange - done
  • Quilt and Bind Mariella's Quilt
  • Bind a quilt for a friend.  Her son is getting married in 1 1/2 weeks.  She needs help in order to complete his quilt in time.  His engagement was only 3 weeks long, so she is really pressed for time.
  • Prepare my class website for the first week of school - my keyboarding classes only.  I will do the other classes one week at a time.
  • Cut out a baby quilt for my daughter
  • Trim and true a quilt front and back to drop off to a lady for hemstitching.  She uses a machine to put holes in the edges so I can crochet in them for a quilt edge.
  • Applique' prep a Fisherman Fred Block


 I am also linking up with:

BOM's Away with What a Hoot Quilts 
WIPS with Silly Momma Quilts 
Moving it Forward Monday with Em's Scrapbag
Main Crush Monday with Cooking up Quilts
TGIFF
Finished or Not Friday






16 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely! Fantastic! One of the prettiest I've seen! Congratulations on a gorgeous finish! Yes, family first, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very bright and pretty....i like bright. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it turned out. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still doing an amazing amount of sewing and beautiful finishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Cherry Orange is a gorgeous quilt. Who knew you could combine yellows, orange, reds and burgs all in the same quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just GORGEOUS!!! LOVE all the different shades of fabrics mixed together! Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, wow, wow!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Sweet Cherry Orange blocks on Stash Bee is what motivated me to join the group. I have been a member for 2 years now. I want you to know how much I really enjoy seeing your wonderful quilts and quilting on your blog. You are an inspiration!

    Debbie Huber

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt. I love, love, love the range of colors in this quilt. How fun to have others use their stash to make blocks for you. That increases the variety and interest of the blocks, and the range of colors, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors! So nice to see a Stash Bee finish! Congrats on a truly cheerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a gorgeous finish! Some weeks stitching just has to make way for the more important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful. Kudos for finishing. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday (TGIFF).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is so beautiful! I absolutely love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous quilt ~ love those yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color combo is so luscious! It's like a bright piece of summer fruit! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.