Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Deana: One Monthly Goal - Snowman Finished!

I just barely finished the binding on my "One Monthly Goal".  I have been finishing quilting projects for others and now it feels good to finish one for me.  

This is also a 2nd Quarter Finish Along goals.  Click here to refer back to my goal setting post.  Here is a link to the finisher's linky party.

This snowman quilt was also the "draw #" from Patchwork Times list for May.  That list is helping me SO MUCH to finish things.  I have completed every one so far this year with the exception of one and I did make great progress on it.

This hand embroidered snowman quilt has been in the works for many many years.  I took it to wrestling tournaments for at least 3 years just getting the hand work done.  It is a joy to see it finished!














I also got a lot of work done on Diamond Hill.  This block only has the light green leaves left to stitch.



The next two blocks are glue basted and ready to start stitching.  I only have one more daisy flower to turn under - yay!  The hand stitching is my favorite part.






I am linking up with:

One Monthly Goal
Esther's WOW
Let's Bee Social
Weight Loss Wednesday
Midweek Makers

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing!!! The snowman is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you've got it all going on Deana!

    Love your snowman quilt. Such an intensive quilt! congratulations!

    And I love that you've swapped the tulip on DH4 for SG3. That is a CHOICE flower!

    Aieeee! Excited for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowman quilt. The quilting looks so whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this hand work is impressive indeed. I love the border you put around the snowmen. Very nice. Congrats on a major finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the border treatment and the snowmen. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That snowman quilt is gorgeous! You have created quite the treasure, and thank you for sharing it on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this snowman quilt pattern before and I continue to be fascinated by it. Your version is so lovely! What an accomplishment to get it finished. Such a work of love. And you've got three more blocks in various stages for Diamond Hill! Wow, you've gotten so much done this week. Love, love these Diamond Hill blocks--the colors and the pattern. I especially love that background and how it shows off your flowers. Thank you so much for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finish! Did you quilt it yourself - I love the loopy snowflake quilting! Now that I think of it, I have this UFO on my 2018 list, but mine is in red! Awesome finish, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowman quilt. I can only imagine how many hours went into stitching this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on that lovely finish! Your Diamond Hill is looking wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman quilt is drop-dead gorgeous! Can you share what the pattern name is??

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.