Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 27, 2017

Deana: One Monthly Goal COMPLETE!

I have joined Patchwork Times monthly drawing to help me finish some quilts this year.  The number 9 was drawn for February and my #9 was Storm at Sea.  Click this link to see every one else's progress on this project.  I decided to also make it my "One Monthly Goal."

I am so so so excited to have my Storm at Sea Quilt (One Montly Goal and/or my OPAM) actually completed!  It was a tight month and I saved this one for last.  I was under the gun to achieve my goal but I did finish one day early.   I really love how this one turned out!

To give a little background history on this quilt, it was a family round robin.  We draw names and plan a quilt for whoever we draw.  We purchase the fabric, cut the whole thing out, and put it into kits.  The kits are passed around each month so we all sew a section together.  The rule is that we have to have a completed top when it finds its way to its owner (minus borders).  It was a lot of fun!  The year we did this one we all started with a fat quarter bundle of the same blue fabrics.  I love how mine turned out because I always wanted a Storm at Sea quilt but never wanted to piece one.  

I am linking up with ONE MONTHLY GOAL!

P.S. There are closer up photos of this quilt on yesterday's post!







I am also linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. What a great backstory to your wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to create a quilt and it is a beauty. Congrats and meeting your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! A nice blend of blues and the splash of yellow, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely gorgeous Storm at Sea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the pattern and the colors. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'd like a storm at sea quilt someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Storm at Sea quilt! Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.