Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Landscape/crazy patch quilt

This was another class I took at Annual Meeting in the early 2000s.  We were taught to draw our own landscape on freezer/graph paper and make a paper pieced pattern out of it.  I don't know if you can tell or not but the finished section has a snowcapped mountain and bits of lake peeking through two pine trees - a smaller, lighter one and a darker big one.  If you look at the pattern closely you can see that I intended to make a sun with rays, more mountains, and more lake. 

I deviated from the class and the instruction in one thing.  I "crazy pieced" similar colored fabrics together before using them to paper piece.  I think it will have a very nice affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.