Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 22, 2024

More travel: Gold Mine tour and listening to audio books

 We stopped at a gold mine in our travels.  The kiddos loved it!




I am not tall enough to require a hard hat - cool!  They were not concerned about me hitting my head.




I found a quilt block as well as some quilt hanging on the wall of the visitor's center!





The rail tracks in the mine and my feet...






Here is a photo of the books I have read thus far in 2024.  While traveling I finished Sunflower Sisters, Home Front, and Lemon Tart.  I listened on a higher speed, but still, we were on the road for almost two weeks.  Sunflower Sisters was amazing, but then I read Home Front.  It was hard to get into at first, but it was an even better read.



6 comments:

  1. It's amazing where we find quilts in our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mines and caves - always great fun. I remember visiting Big Pit many years ago, an old coal mine and pitch black. We had hard hats with torches on the front. No quilts sadly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love going underground..Always fun to fins some quilt related things.
    That is a LOT of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mines are cool places, we visited one when we went to Colorado the last time. You've done well on your reading list. Hope you have time for a couple more before you have to get ready to start back to school prep. The summer seems so short for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked like so much to see

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to visit - I had a giggle over you not needing a hard hat!! Great to see the quilts. You have read lots of interesting books.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.