Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Chookshed Challenge May Linky, 15 Minutes, and To Do Tuesday

 Chookshed Challenge for May is nearly over.  I hope you were all successful with your personal May goal.  Here is the linky party to show off your progress!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


My Chookshed May Report:

Kiwi birds are done and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  I will add eyes to them at some point.  Chris at the Farm in Canada willingly offered me some of her lovely Tilda fabrics for them.  We spent 5 FABULOUS days together at the farm!  There will be more on that in another post.







15 Minutes to Stitch Report:

I have been super busy with school coming to a close, grading, and packing for my trip to Canada.  It was all a great journey, but I have neglected my regular linkies with Kate - Life - in - Pieces.  Yes, I am still at 100% thanks to hand work in flight.









My Tuesday goals lately should be biweekly because I am only getting in a post on it about that far apart.  Hopefully things will start to slow down a little.

Last time's goals:

1.  Do more hand work on the cake recipe block ✔

Half of the recipe is complete.  Above the line will be "Mom's Cake".  I did some of it on the plane to Canada.



2.  Prep May's Fishy Business Blocks X

3. Cut out round robin blocks to take to Chris' Retreat.  I have four of them.

    a. tree X

    b. purse 

    c. star puzzle 

    d. lemon star 

4. Cut out setting blocks for my teapot quilt X


This week's goals:

1. Finish log cabin $BB blocks
2. Make witch stars
3. Cut pine tree
4. Sew Pine Tree
5. Sew Floral Bag block
6. Sew Lemon Star block
7. Sew Star Puzzle block
8. Plan fabric for the Pucker Up Project Tote Bag - class I am taking next week
9. Plan fabric for the "Place for Everything" bag - class I am taking next week
10. Catch up blogging all my late adventures and read/comment on my favorite blogs





13 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how much stitching work you get done in a day. I paired up all my tilda fabrics with an ancient solid jelly roll. I was great to have you join us at the Farm this past wekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty flock of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done....my May was a complete washout due to a broken arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Kiwis. Sounds like you had a great time with Chris. The cake recipe block project sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kiwi Birds are really cute! Congrats on managing to to keep your 100%, it's not easy when you are traveling. Good luck with this week's to do list. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely collection of Kiwis.. So nice to have been able to visit Chris.
    Maria
    Lifeontheblock….

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your kiwi! I told you they were addictive! Cheers, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabrics you are using for the kiwis. My progress is coming along but not linked here. Looking forward to your weekend with Chris. We were in Canada this weekend, too, at Stratford!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Kiwis. And looking forward to reading about your adventures at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, such gorgeous kiwis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs. Goodneedle30 May, 2024 17:47

    You’re so incredibly organized! The kiwi birds are absolutely adorable! I just love the recipe cross stitch on gingham, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your tilda kiwis look great.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kiwis look great in the Tilda fabrics. And the cross stitch recipe looks like lots of fun too. Very cool that you go to go to retreat with Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.