Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Quilting Friends Retreat

I just returned from the Quilting Friends Retreat this week. I have honestly been sewing with most of these ladies for over 20 years. I have known them from work, quilt classes I have taught, guild, and Church. We are all so close, and love runs deep between us.  Many of them watched me grow up from a young mother to a soon-to-retire woman. Yes, I took days off work to attend. I don't miss this retreat EVER.




I made this Mystery Quilt entirely from my stash. 



Here are some others that were made from the same pattern.

Holly H.



Sherry J.


Linda C.



I also took a bag class and completed these two. I plan to gift them this Christmas. 




There were two wonderful Trunk Shows and a Show and Tell Night.

Shawnee Barnes work is amazing and so is she. Retired social worker and law enforcement as well as an author 

Here she is with two of her pieces.




Her book is coming out this fall and it is called, "Through the Keyhole".  It is a true story about a little girl who watched her mother's murder through the keyhole of a door.  Interestingly, the story took place over 50 years ago in the next county to where I live.  Most of the ladies at the retreat live in that county.  The murder was just recently solved and was shown on Netflix.  I am anxious for the book to come out.  Shawnee was asked to write it because she used to be a local, knows a few of the players, and has been in law enforcement.  I believe this is the book cover.


The other trunk show was done by a mother daughter duo. They specialize in scraps. The daughter entertained us with her songs about quilters. We laughed so hard. They are so cute! She sings to popular tunes of Johnny Cash and the theme song of Bonanza.



Kalynn introduced them. 



The food is always amazing and home cooked by the committee.  


They volunteer their time,  but were able to get a little sewing in a well.





MORE LATER...





10 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta love and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a grand time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at all those lovely ladies smiling. Your Friends Quilting Retreat does sound fabulous. I imagine there are many years of friendship among the group. Your Mystery quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time! The quilt pattern is good - works well with different patterns and those bags look really useful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear hubby is healing. Love the retreat t-shirt. Lots of lovely quilts were made. There are a lot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mystery quilt design and the dress quilt was stunning as was your bags it looled like a great retreat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, love the shirts everyone has. Shawnees quilt brings back many memories. My sister and I played paper dolls for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like the sort of retreat I read about in books..what am amazing bunch of women. Do you have a different T shirt every year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an amazing retreat with an amazing group of ladies. Your mystery quilt turned out beautifully. What pattern did you use for the bags, I need a couple like that for our travel stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a special bond between Stitchers.......... You look like you have a wonderful group there too......... Wow I would be interested in the book also........ Do you know if. It will come out as an audio book...... Love the group photo.......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.