Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

To Do Tuesday and other linkies

Last week's To Do List:

1. Hand applique' the rest of my flower stems I received from a block swap. ✔
2. Applique' the quarter panel that is ready. 


3. Piece one Celestial Star
4. Figure out how to finish Crazy Quilty ladies and where to put the scissor blocks.   I am very happy this is done! 


5. Prep another quarter panel of my Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt. X
6. Piece two exchange blocks X
I did pick out the fabric.
This will be an Americana block. 


This a bear paw...


Heart for a sick friend



7. Finish cutting out the rest of my pineapple Tula Pink background.  It finally arrived in the mail. X

This week's To Do List:

I think I will work on the things I didn't get done last week.

1. Piece two Celestial Stars.  I have one half done.



2. Prep another quarter panel of my Laundry Basket Mystery.  I really have to do this one if I expect to have the applique' done before school starts in a month.
3. Piece two exchange blocks
4. Finish Cutting out my Tula Pink Pineapple backgrounds.  There are eight.  I have the pineapple pieces cut and tucked inside.

I spent some time organizing these so I know exactly which pineapple fabric will go with which background solid.  It was fun.  I enjoy planning.




These are the ones with the backgrounds already cut.




5. Complete the applique' on the 2nd quarter panel of my Laundry Basket Mystery

I am off to get my nails and hair done today.  I will feel like a whole new woman!  Self Care is important to our emotional health.  Don't ever forget that.

I am linking up with:








11 comments:

  1. You have quite a few projects going but making good progress! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the background you've chosen on that applique block (1st pic). I love to see just how "busy" a fabric I can get by with on a backing. That one works just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to start with the usual "gosh you've been busy" but your statement "Self Care is important to our emotional health" is the most important bit of your post...LOL
    Love the Crazy Ladies - love the scissors & the measuring tape. I seem to recall we talked about the crazy ladies in a Zoom meeting - Jo was doing them I think???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, and Susan, self care IS important ;) I love your ladies (sorry about my previous comment on them, I just realized that I misspelled sciSSors), and these future pineapples are gorgeous! The backgrounds are beautiful, sweet and pretty colors. You have here some great projects to keep you busy ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so organised!!! I admire that. Self care is very important, I think we can forget that sometimes when life gets busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quarter panel of the Spring Laundry Basket is gorgeous and your ladies look even nicer with the border.
    Lots of beautiful fabrics for your projects.
    It's so good to have some self care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of patchwork, EPP and appliqué in your quarter panel block. What's the name of that pattern? And also, because Enquiring Minds Want to Know -- what color polish did you pick today? You're reminding me that I'm overdue for a pedi, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That laundry basket quilt is going to be gorgeous. I really like how you did the borders for the Sewing Ladies quilt. You've got some fun fabrics picked for the pineapple blocks. Hope you made a dent in this week's to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lot of preparation happening, and yes self care should be a priority, or else you can't care for anyone else. (I think I spy a little piece of fabric that I might know?)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.