Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 6, 2022

For the Birds - top is done!!!

 Borders were just finished up on this baby.  It measures 80" x 97", much larger than I set out to make.  I really wanted the bicycle border, and it needed to be wide.





My friend and I will be making a large bicycle to go on the back side of our "For the Birds" quilt.  I purchased this cute pattern and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.


I have also been contemplating the finish of my quilted barns. I found this Windmill pattern by the same designer as the bike. I fell quickly in love and decided my barns need a windmill.




I am pondering my Churn Dash quilt a lot of late as part of Chooky's SAL.  My brain is swimming with ideas, and Google and Pinterest have been searched.  One idea is to use them to frame some cute houses I bought a couple of months ago.  I may sew one up and see what I think before I officially decide.  Doing the SAL in this way would kill two birds with one stone - use my recent purchase while following the SAL.  On the other hand,  it would be fun to just make a churn dash quilt on its own without the houses.  The crazy side of me might actually do both.  What the heck - they are pretty simple blocks anyway.


Once they are churn dash framed, I am considering placing flowers between them.  The way they are below, the flowers overpower the houses.  I want the focus on the houses.  If the churn dash frame doesn't make them pop, I will find a simple block to go between them instead of the flowers.


I could also churn dash frame these cute chicken blocks as well.  Too many churn dash ideas.  It is super fun though.


I am linking today with:






7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so many ideas, no wonder you didn't start your churndashes yet. LOL I love the bicycle border around your birds. The bike quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your mind is racing with churn dash ideas........sounds like you might churn everything......so please for the birds is together it looks good.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bicycle is too cute for the back of the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have gorgeous quilts on the go and other ideas to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many ideas - Chooky would love the chicken one I am sure....I would do that jsut because its a Chooky thing.

    BUT I Love the house panel and I love the bike and windmill pattern - never seen anything like that before - I must go google - Iven seen Laura Heine whihc is kind of similar.
    Can you tell me the designer/name of the house panel? Unlikely I will find it here but I can look. and yes, those flowers do overwhelm the houses - you will find an answer...


    ReplyDelete
  6. For the Birds is really fun. My favorite is your Barn quilt, that's stunning. Have fun playing with ideas for your churn dash blocks and your houses. Lots of great building blocks to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby quilt is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! I hope you have had a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.