Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Churn Dash houses are done and off to the quilter... and todays linky parties

Been gone a ton and loving it. I went tripping last week and managed to visit Grandma in the nursing home, Grandpa's grave, parents, sisters, one brother, aunt and uncle, a cousin, nieces, nephews, and all my grands. We have been to great places together including a missionary homecoming, church, a trampoline place, Aggie Ice Cream, jungle gym, the stock car races, softball camp, shopping, and quilt shop visits.  I also took care of three birthday outings.  Can this summer get any better?





The littlest one LOVES the sound of the motors being revved up!!


The twins DO NOT!  They are more of a ranching, quiet living family and are used to livestock instead of race car motors.  It really scared them.












Some sewing even took place...

Top Done!  Scrappy Folded Blooms is not only done but quilted!  I picked it up from the quilter last night and you won't believe this!  She would not let me pay her.  She said "cookies" was enough for payment, so I made up a plate of extras I had made for a family whose mother got killed by a drunk driver, and off I went.  When I arrived to pick up my quilt, she said it brought her much joy to quilt.  Apparently I had dropped it off on the anniversary of her mother's death.  Her mom loved butterflies and it reminded her of butterflies.  She also explained that she tries to do a service for someone every day and yesterday it was for me.  What a giving lady she is!  One thing is for certain, those good deeds always bring blessings to the giver as well as the receiver.

Here it is...





After stopping by her place I headed to the softball complex to deliver the other plate of cookies.  It is a joy to watch 3rd graders learn to play ball; it has been a long time since I have watched a game.  A great social experience followed saying hello to so many community members I have known through the years.  My heart was so full as I handed the plate to the little girl who lost her mom and greeted her grieving father and grand parents. I hugged the grandma so hard and hurt with her and for her.  Oh heart strings!

On a lighter note...

Churn Dash Houses is done and delivered to the quilter as well!!



I even made three blocks that will be turned into pillows.  Thank you Chooky for this wonderful Churn Dash challenge.  I am sure I will make more next month on another project.


I changed my old, difficult to use quilt hanger into a lengthy curtain rod.  The old one pinched the quilt between two boards and was impossible to hang a large quilt all by myself.  This new one I can do easily and by myself.  The only draw back is that I have to add hanging sleeves to my quilts.  One at a time they are getting done.  Here is the first time I have hung Dear Jane on the wall!!



It seems like lately I am only managing to get to this every other week.

Last time's goals.

1. Finish cutting Churn Houses 

2. Cut borders for Scrappy Folded Blooms Quilt 

3. Cut new Bloom Quilt pieces. 

4. Finish binding Christmas Row quilt. X

5. Make binding for Windmill Quilt  X

I did make the hanging sleeve for it though.


This week's goals:

1.  Make 5 bags for the quilt retreat gifts

2.  Make 7 pincushions

3. Make up one each of the "make n take" ideas I have decided on

4. Finish binding Christmas Quilt

5. Attach binding to Scrappy Bloom Quilt

6. Make binding for Windmill Quilt & attach it

7. Add hanging sleeve to Masterpiece and finish binding the last side

8.  Attach hanging sleeve to Windmill Quilt

9. Study Hebrew 15 minutes per day

10. Play with the windmill pattern I purchased in regards to how it will fit in with my Quilted Barns 


It looks like a lot, but I will be home a ton this week!  I am so excited!

I am also linking up with:

Monday Making

Oh Scrap

Design Wall Monday










11 comments:

  1. Great to spend time with family.
    Your Dear Jane is stunning. Lovely story about your quilting lady, so nice of her, it surely will be repaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly packed a lot of lovely family time into your trip and managed to sew as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I was tired just reading about your whirlwind trip. Sounded like a lot of fun. What a nice person your quilter is. All your projects are neat - that Dear Jane is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so busy, I'm amazed that any sewing got done at all! Love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family and I agree -- sleeves and curtain rods are the way to go. I agreed to put several of my quilts in a local show this fall that will require adding temporary sleeves. Not looking forward to it, only because most of these are bed quilts and the sleeves will be coming right off again after the show. That makes sleeves too much like house cleaning -- work that doesn't STAY done doesn't feel like progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jane is gorgeous! So is your beautifully (and free!) quilted Scrappy Folded Blooms. I have not heard of Aggie Ice Cream and had to Google it. Glad you had such a wonderful trip with your family.
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your time has been busy, wonderful to spend time with family. Dear Jane looks amazing hanging there, your Blooms are stunning and the scrappy dashy houses are lovely too. What a wonderful gesture from your quilting lady, she is a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great activities in your time away, lovely gesture from your quilting lady, what goes around comes around, love your churn dash houses quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy summer so far. I LOVE your Dear Jane. And, how wonderful to have an easier way to hang your quilts. My hubby has made quite a few "pinch" style quilt hangers so we can show quilts all through the house but he's in charge of hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved finally being able to catch up on your great interesting post and comment again.
    Fabulous time spent with family and was nice to read about your special quilting lady.
    Lovely to be able to hang your beautiful Dear Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I can see the family resemblance.........lots pics with the family.......your quilt is lovely and how nice of the lady.......Love the churn dash houses and they will look cute as cushions also..........
    the quilt looks great hanging on the wall.........I need to hand more.......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.