Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Quilting on the trail...

I had the most peaceful Saturday on a jeep trail.  I was in good company and even managed to get a lot of hand applique' done on Diamond Hill.  The applique' on this quilt is my Patchwork Times UFO Challenge for March.  I now have three borders complete and will work on the final one over the next two weeks.

I still need to rinse out some of basting glue.



I also organized scraps that I thought I could put together for my Color My World BOM.  They are leftovers from a variety of projects.




These background pieces from my stash have now been designated for this BOM as well as a future  Lori Holt project called Farm Sweet Farm.  I figure I can use the same scraps for that quilt as well.  I won't start it until 2022.







15 Minutes to Stitch Report

I am still 100% strong - yay!  I would not say I got a lot done last week, but progress is progress.




I am also linking up with:


12 comments:

  1. Your appliqué is lovely!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty applique and nice to be out and about at the weekend too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on that 100% and hooray for progress on your lovely project. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in your scraps. Hum, quick question... when are you really starting the quilt....it's 2021 already! Thanks for the chuckle this am. I never think of polka dots for background fabrics but it looks terrific with your appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you've chosen for your project. And the applique piece - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm a first time visitor here and I just have to tell you that I love your applique. I really love the black and white that you used for the stem/vine on the Patchwork Times border. It is really striking and got my attention almost immediately!! I would love to see your piece when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty appliqué and its always good to get organised for future projects....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your appliqué, the stems and leaves are so beautiful! Lovely selection of fabrics too for the new project, it's going to be another beauty!
    Thank you for linking up today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have loved watching you make this wonderful quilt. I can't wait to see it done. Your colors and fabric designs truly make this SING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful applique and you are going so well meeting your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that border is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
    Pretty colours for you Color My World.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diamond Hill is looking really good. It's always fun to pull fabrics for new projects, you've got some lovely colors selected for your next new start.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.