Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Paper Piecing Tutorial, 15 min to stitch, and To Do Tuesday!

Last week's 15 minutes to stitch turned into hours and a ton of progress. 

I finished Patty the Polar Bear last week and got Ariel embroidered.





I also made progress on my embroidery.  I am cutting this one a little close to the wire to finish this month, but I believe I can still make it happen.




My friend and I got our barnyard dogs pieced.  I love them.  I am making two different quilts and she is making the yellow-purple-green one.  I have not stitched down the applique' yet.  I use clear Elmer's glue to stick them down which will get washed out after applique'  I don't want to true the blocks until after rinsing out the glue.  Also, after looking at the photo, I think I want to move the nose and bone up a bit.







We also cut out our pigs.  Mine are wrapped in Press N Seal so I opted to share a photo of my friend's instead.  We need to find a separate fabric for the noses.




Feathered Goose needs one corner completed to achieve my monthly BOM goal of 3 blocks.  The first one was made in December.  I am also ahead on my one block a week on New York Beauty.  I love them!






I am nearly done quilting Mom's Quilter's Garden as well.  This is my One Monthly Goal for January.

At the request of one of my readers, I am posting the video I created for my daughter to show her how to paper piece.  I hope this benefits someone out there in blogland.





Here is the cute dog block I made from the video.  It is the first  block in a quilt I am doing for someone as a Christmas gift this year.



15 Minutes to Stitch Report:




To Do Tuesday List for this week:

  1. Finish Gingerbread Embroidery
  2. Finish quilting Mom's  quilt and attach binding by machine
  3. 1 New York Beauty Block
  4. Finish the Feathered Geese corner
  5. 1 Dog block
  6. Put borders on a family round robin quilt
  7. Get a small start on my February UFO.  I won't know which one it is until the number is drawn at Patchwork Times.
I am linking up with:








9 comments:

  1. Patty is cute, Ariel looks so different with eye lashes. You are making great progress with all your blocks. I have just had a catch up nap and left over dinner after entertaining all weekend. It's now 8 pm and I'm catching up with blog reading. No stitching happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much great eye candy in this post! The polar bear is adorable. And the New York Beauty....aahhh…. I have one of those on my quilting bucket list. I really like the fabrics you are using in yours. Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! And a huge THANK YOU for sharing the paper piecing video. I did find it helpful, and I'm sure your daughter will as well. Plus, these puppies are so darn cute. I can see that scoring the paper really makes it easy to pull of the papers when everything is pieced together, and your tips are so helpful. Lots of goodness in this whole post! Thank you again. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a array of beauty! All that paper piecing...which I love! Making progress on one project would be amazing, but you made progress on so many! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so busy creating lovely things this month. I love your paper piecing and the video you did. You should make more of them (if you can find the time!). I even enjoyed your classroom rules video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there any such thing as 15 minutes of sewing;-). What a great collection of paper pieced finishes. I love the one with the red and white points and the dark middle. I bet it was challenging. Have fun working on next weeks projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've got some very fun projects in the works. Love the puppy dogs and those New York Beauty blocks are fabulous! You've had a great month with finding time to stitch. Thank you for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making a lot of progress in your Pick Your Own BOM! I made a little. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There sure is a lot going on over by you! Great progress you made on your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.