Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 17, 2015

Deana: Americana House and Horse

I got a lot of hours of sewing in on Monday and Tuesday while at Mom's cabin, but not much since.  I did get some time today, however to make this cute little house.  I need 7 more blocks to complete a Buggy Barn Americana quilt so I thought I would make up some random blocks out of Americana fabric.  This block is from my Spring Row quilt.


I also spent quite a bit of time computer sketching patterns for these blocks in my Americana Row Quilt.  

Please ignore the machine quilting.  This was probably the first or second quilt I ever attempted to machine quilt.  My work is much improved now.  I would LOVE to pick out TONS of the quilting on this quilt and redo it, but it shows my progress as a quilter so I'm leaving it.


I also found time this afternoon to complete the machine blanket stitch on the horse's mane.  Silhouettes will come next.  This quilt is Mom but I am doing the blanket stitch for her in trade for some work she did for me.




I am linking up this evening with:

6 comments:

  1. Great work... Yes it makes me laugh to see my old quilting work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana it's good to keep items that show your development as a quilter...
    lovely progress was made a the cabin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house block, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still not ready to free motion on a big quilt. Baby quilts I am doing better, but I stayed with the feed dogs and presser foot for the queen size. Pictures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still not ready to free motion on a big quilt. Baby quilts I am doing better, but I stayed with the feed dogs and presser foot for the queen size. Pictures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always neat to see how far we have progressed in our quilting jouneys. Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.