Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 20, 2014

Deana: A finish and Dear Jane Progress

Yippy I got another finish!  Below is a quilt for my daughter, Jessi.  I designed it several years ago and have made several since.  I call it "Hexagons in Rotation".  I did not put a lot of quilting in it but I am happy with the results none the less.  It still needs the hand work on the binding.







I have also made progress on Dear Jane.  Several of these blocks were made in May but I forgot to post them.  Here goes:

Top Row:
H7 Bennington Star has 25 pieces and was regular pieced.
H8 Eaton's Crossroads has 19 pieces and is paper pieced and appliqued.
H9 Snowflake Melt has 33 pieces and is entirely paper pieced.
H10 Ben's Bowtie has 26 pieces and is regular pieced.

Middle Row:
H11 Piercing Rays has 24 pieces and is paper pieced.
H12 Hannah Lou's Hearts has 5 pieces - applique
H13 Farm Fields has 7 pieces - paper pieced
I1 Ralph & Nelda's Wedding has 20 pieces - regular pieced

Bottom Row:
I2 Kaye's Courtyard has 13 pieces - regular pieced
I4 Stability has 25 pieces - regular pieced and applique
I5 Maria's Majesty has 6 pieces - applique
I11 Coyote Chase has 6 pieces - applique

TOTAL DEAR JANE PIECES TO DATE IS 2,316.

 I took a couple of different angle pictures of all my completed Dear Jane blocks.  I am starting row 9 and there are 13 total.  I hope that if I make 2 blocks a week I can finish the main blocks this year.  The borders will have to be a 2015 project.


I piled my last three finished up on my dresser for a photo.  Man they look SO GOOD!   Those three quilts are years in the making.  The purple one went together within a year, but I purchased the fabric for it years before I even started it.  This is fun!
Today I am linking up with Fort Worth Fabric Studio's Friday Night Sew In.


1 comment:

  1. GREAT WORK!! You are really making great progress and your quilts look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.