Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Marie's progress



I hope I finally have my computer problems resolved so now I can post some pictures of my progress. I'm having fun with this project, but like Deana, am not 100% pleased with the quality of my work. I am getting better though and hope that by the fourth border I will be happy with it.

Some of my pieces are very small, which makes it more difficult to applique. I think it would have been easier to make a full size quilt, but I'm into a little far to change now. Anyway, here are some pictures of what I am doing.


Here is my preparation--making patterns, purchasing fabric etc.


Now the real fun begins and I get to start sewing. I have basted my vines on first and them sew my leaves under them before I applique them down. It works well for me. August 27, 2008

I've made some real progress and I can see what it is going to look like. With the black background it certainly looks a lot different than Dorinda's, but I really like it. September 15, 2008

I have placed a quarter on my work so you can get an idea of the size of the pieces I'm appliquing.
Things are coming a long pretty well. September 26, 2008.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.