Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 29, 2021

I Like Thursday #33

 Another week has passed,  and it was great. 

We went jeeping in beautiful Moab!  This trail is called Steel Bender, well, this is the end of it after all the obstacles.  I just thought it was beautiful.




The photo below doesn't look like much, but my husband nearly tipped the truck over on its side - super steep!


My friend Hazel died.  She was 92 and still serving others. It was a privilege to be asked to give a tribute at her funeral. 

They gave her a fireman's last call because back in the day she was one of our town's first fire fighters.  She owned a store across the street from the fire station.  The truck in the photo was the actual one she learned to drive, restored now  It would only move 25 mph, so she would go ring the siren and take the truck out to the fire while the women gathered the men in from the fields. One person who spoke at the funeral said she was a landmark, and she was.  I miss her, but I am happy that she can be free of her aged body.

They took her body to the cemetery in the fire truck - what a tribute!


Check out the other I like Thursday blog posts at Leeanna's Not Afraid of Color

11 comments:

  1. Your discussion about your friend's life really touched me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. Such a lovely tribute

    ReplyDelete
  3. That track looks super steep and very scary. What a lovely tribute to your friend. May she RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tribute to your friend, Hazel, sounds just lovely. How nice that you could speak. I am not well versed to be able to do that for anyone - just thinking of you doing it brings tears to my eyes. That trail riding looks like fun but OH to that steep climb!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went driving in a beautiful place, I think I would be nervous driving on steep rocks like that. I am sorry to hear of your friend Hazel passing, what a wonderful tribute to have her last journey in the fire truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery around you! That is a really neat story about your friend, and I love her fire engine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos never show the real detail of four wheel driving...

    Beautiful tribute to your dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing photos. You live in a beautiful spot. My condolences for your friend - she sounds like an amazing person. What a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up..... You have got lots of beautiful sewing done.....
    You always find beautiful places to explore..... Family time sounds great.... We just had a family reunion.....
    What an an amazing lady your friend was...... What a perfect send off......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, you live in a beautiful part of the country!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet tribute! And what a fun excursion.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.