Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Earthquake hit Utah this morning & Fox and Muskox - one to go

I cannot believe how close I am to a finished top!  Two more blocks completed with one to go!





To Do Tuesday Report

This week I hope to accomplish the following:


  • Finish Alaska quilt top
  • Finish Barnyard Batik quilt top
  • Prepare applique' for my "Garden Party" design
Below is an update on my task list.  It looks a bit overwhelming, but I am finishing a few things.  The yellow boxes are complete.


5.7 earthquake hit Salt Lake City this morning.  It is the largest earthquake to hit Utah in 28 years.  There are reports of  more than 47,000 without power.  Wow!  Luckily I am not in the earthquake zone, but I have friends and family that are near.  I am so thankful my daughter has not been admitted to the hospital yet with her complicated twin pregnancy.  It is imminent, but doctors are waiting a little longer.  Her little ones will not be allowed to see her at all once she is admitted.  Adults over 18 can only visit one at a time.  It will be an extremely long pregnancy for her, but thankfully the babies are doing ok for now.  Baby B will have to have intestinal surgery right after birth.  I hope the chaos near us will settle down before those babies are born.

For record keeping purposes, I do want to add a tidbit about how the Covid-19 virus is affecting us.  Luckily myself and my husband are still working.  I am a teacher and he is a social worker. We are both working from home, which is not a new thing for him although it certainly is for me.  Lucky for me I teach computer classes and already had my classes running online.  I have really changed very little  in the way I teach.  

Our school district, and possibly many others in the country, are providing free breakfast and lunch to all children ages 0-18.  Breakfast and lunches are put into lunch sacks and distributed via school buses to bus stops in the area.  A family member can come to the bus stop to pick up their lunches.  Granted, we are in a rural area where bus stops do not have swarms of kids at them.  I don't know if this is a federal or state thing, but I would certainly check for such a program in your area. 


As far as running out of things is concerned, we are doing well.  I was able to buy milk today which made me happy. Our church has advised for many many years to have food storage for emergency times.  I have always had a good storage and still do, but it is lower than I would like to have right now.  I will certainly be gradually building it back up after this thing passes.  

I just want to add that my faith in God brings me much peace at this time.  I will rely on him during hard times as well as good times.  I know he knows us personally, by name,  and truly wants to help us.  All we need to do is ask.  If you doubt, just pray.  Exercise faith in that prayer, and he will answer.




I am also linking up with:

8 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great. I especially like the one with the foxes. 😁

    Have a nice day and greetings from your sewing enthusiast Andrea 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are great! I love the musk ox. I used the fox in a quilt I made my niece last year. I love those patterns. Stay safe and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DQ! I absolutely agree - He will keep us safe and help us. All we need to do is stay calm, have faith and ask for His help and He will answer us. Our schools are closed. I had to go into work on Monday to set up lunches for some kids and to get them a laptop for their work with eLearning. It seems they are saying schools may be closed much longer now but we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for linking up at To-Do Tuesday. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So close! You will do it ;) Love your foxes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Though the end of the blocks is near, I hope you have enjoyed making them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This virus is doing strange things to people. I was able to get toilet paper today for the first time in 5 weeks. I was also able to get cereal for my grandsons too. our daughter hasnt been able to get any so now we have and 8 hour return drive to meet her half way with toilet paper, cereal, pasta & pasta sauce.Love your sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Elizabeth Hartman blocks! Can’t wait to see the quilt all sewn together. Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks! And how exciting that you are so close to a finish! Nice to know your are safe. Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.