Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 30, 2018

Three finishes and another top done!

I finished the hand binding just tonight on the Bear Paw Log Cabin Quilt.  The Bee quilt was completely bound yesterday.  I love to sit and watch a good movie while doing relaxing hand work.  You can see the full quilts in my previous posts.



The Bear Paw Log Cabin quilt on the right was on my 18 in 2018 list.  Yay!  It is fun to see goals I set a year ago actually become real finishes! I also tied a camp quilt and pieced another just like it.  My family is really into camping, so I am making one for each of my kids for Christmas.  One down and 1 1/2 to go.






These camp quilts have a fun story.  My friend's brother stopped by her house with some treasures he had come across in a garbage dumpster.  It was several boxes of precut squares that had been thrown away.  The squares are of extremely durable Correttes fabric.  It was a company that went out of business in our area many years ago.  The fabric lasts forever!  Anyway,  out of respect for her brother, she is making these bow tie quilts out of the squares.  She absolutely insisted that I had to make some too.  She even gave me the quilt backing for them and picked up blankets from Walmart for me to put inside for the batting.  We didn't want to really spend much money on a get dirty and actually "use" quilt. She has made 12 quilts out of the dumpster fabric already this year.  I wasn't too excited at first, but the one I just finished is quite heavy and will definitely keep my family warm on camp trips.  I put peekos on the edging and sandwiched the quilt, turned it, then sewed up the hole by hand.  It is just tied with blue yarn.



These are the 23rd, 24th, and 25th quilts I have completed this year.  Below is my PHD update/report.




I am linking up with:

TGIFF
Can I get a WhoopWhoop?
Finished or Not Friday

2 comments:

  1. Great quilts done that will be used. That was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of your finishes in 2018. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.