Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 25, 2018

Taking hand work on the road...

I will be doing a lot of riding in the car over the next week and have packed a lot of hand work.  It is pretty typical of me to save hand work just for this purpose.  I like to keep busy and I can use my machine at home but not away from home.

I hope to hand applique' this vine, leaves, and flowers.  It is just glue basted.  There is also a missing flower in the end that needs to be basted.

I also brought two more borders like this one that can be prepped for applique' and glue basted down.  I can't do that in the car, but I can do it in the evenings.




I hope to finish the embroidery on this angel block.





I hope to crochet around the edge of this flannel baby blanket for my niece's baby shower in two weeks.




I hope to stitch down the folded curves on this flower/star block and applique' down the leaves, vine, and bonnet on this little Sue block.




I hope to get this quilt bound.



I also want to put 3D ears on the pig, embroider a tail, and add button eyes and nose holes.  The dog block also needs a bone, nose, and eyes.







I am linking up with:

To Do Tuesday
Finished or Not Friday
Friday Foto Fun
Midweek Makers
Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

7 comments:

  1. I do the same and have a large applique glue basted and ready to work on and then popped a few more things in the bag at the last minute and maybe will start a hand piecing project as well -- have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that's a lot of hand work! I wish I could do more hand work in the car, I end up getting car sick and it's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are well prepared for the car rides. Don't forget to also take in the scenery along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great work. How do you get the holes in the blanket so big. They look a good size for crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many projects but you are close to finishing each - congrats! Your paper-pieced animals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried handwork in the car but usually end up leaving it lie on my lap while I enjoy the scenery or take countless naps. Great projects. Can you point me in the direction of that dog pattern, please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love taking handwork with me in the car too! Usually it's my cross stitching, but I also like to make sure I have some EPP too!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.