Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Machine Quilting and Mega Piecing

I am happy to report that my bright quilt is all quilted.  This poor quilt sure could use a name.  The binding is attached by machine although it is not shown in the photo  I still need to do the handwork to stitch it down.   I am mostly pleased with the result.  It would seem I always focus on the imperfections, but I do really like it.









I also got most of the blocks completed in Justin's Medallion Quilt.  I will be paper piecing a few units toorrow to get them all done.  My design wall doesn't hold the whole thing because it is so large:  finish 93" square.  If you look carefully you will notice that the left side and bottom are missing a row.  There is also one more log cabin border all the way around that does not fit.

It will look a bit "off" because the center is sewn together and the border blocks are not yet.


I am linking up with:

BOMs Away with Lynette
Tish's UFO Busting
Monday Making with Beth
Freemotion by the River with Connie

9 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I love the motifs you've used on this one - pretty arcs with interesting fillers, fun pointers in the center block. Your creativity always shines through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhh, love the yellow, love the border, love the quilting. I always recognize your quilts immediately when a photo pops up. They have your signature piecing design. That is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning. The quilting is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEE - your quilting is just beautiful. This looks great!
    ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a color fantasia! I love the bright colors and intricate piecing (at least it looks intricate to me) but I really love the quilting you've done on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilting is fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts and quilting! Very intricate designs!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.