Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 26, 2017

Sliced Quilt Challenge on its way!

My "Sliced Quilt Challenge" made some serious progress today.  It has been missing the bottom right corner for years until today.  It still needs a lot of details, but I have the background laid out now.  I still need to add windows, finish off the sleigh, add the tree branches across the top and brush by the sleigh, and add a girl.  She is mostly done but I can't seem to find her.

I plan to make the circle round and then applique' it onto a square piece.  I am waiting for the release of a winter village paper pieced pattern that I plan to add to the top and bottom of the quilt.  This project likely won't be finished this year but it will be so much closer!



This is what it looked like before today.  Please note the tin lid which was my "picture" to recreate.



A little background on this project is a group we organized where we found a piture to create into a quilt, scaled it to the actual quilt size, sliced it into sections, and gave each memeber of the group a section to re-create.  My friend never did her section so I was left to finish it.  All group members lived all over the state so we never saw each other's work until the reveal.  It was a BLAST and has been the most fulfilling and fun project I have ever been a part of.

I am linking up with Freemotion by the River and Esther's WOW!

11 comments:

  1. Hi and WOW! I've never seen a quilt like this and I cannot imagine how to even begin it. It looks fabulous. Congrats on not leaving it in the unfinished pile. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt! It reminds me of Katie Pasquini Masopust's quilts and book called Ghost Layers and Color Washes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!! I can how it's a lot of creative fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scene to start out with! I love how it was sliced and the net project. Good luck of the final stages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sew glad you found it again to work on it sure is worthy of more attention this is going to be a magical quilt when its finished, it would make a wonderful tutorial from start to finish thanks for sharing such a treasure. Love the sleigh. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sew glad you found it again to work on it sure is worthy of more attention this is going to be a magical quilt when its finished, it would make a wonderful tutorial from start to finish thanks for sharing such a treasure. Love the sleigh. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed by your work! It's been a dream of mine to do something more realistic, but so far it's still only a dream. Thanks for showing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, was for amazing project. I love the winter scene. That will be so wonderful!
    Marita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right that this is a one of a kind endeavour and will have the most amazing results. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for blowing up your comments today - you've just had too much goodness to share lately, and I had to surf for info about your circle project. What a fun group work! Everything came together so nicely, looking like one person had planned things. Makes me want to try something similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to stumble across this doing a slice quilt search - I spy my slice (2nd from left) with the tree and streetlamp. Have you finished it now? I need to put my Rainbow Bridge quilt together - thanks for the reminder. **If you see this today, do you have an antique Dorinda Quilt? I'm doing a magazine spotlight on a Utah Quilt. Email me via my blog.
    Thanks, Sandra Starley

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.