Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Deana: Family round robins being quilted!

Note:  1st Q 2017 Finish-along FINISH is below.  Just scroll down.

So far this month I have been able to achieve my goals.  I have just one left and it is to get this little quilt top quilted by Wednesday night.  I will be headed to a family wedding this weekend and hope to give it to my sister-in-law in finished form at that time.  I always center my goals around when I will see family next so I can return quilts.  I prefer not to mail them.

This quilt was part of a family round robin in our second year which means that I made one row in the quilt.





I also got my sister Jodi's chevron quilt on the frames and ready to baste.  This was part of our first family round robin a few years back.  Each of us, including me, made one row in the quilt and then passed it to the next quilter.  It was a lot of fun.  My sister just got the border on it last year so it could be quilted.  I love it!





Here is one of my finishes for 1st Quarter 2017 finish-along.

Here is a link back to my goals set in January for that finish-along.

Finally, I have Tracy's quilt done.  I have been calling it "Columns" for lack of a cuter name.  I also made a column in this quilt and assembled the border blocks after my sister made them.  I really really like how this one turned out

















I AM LINKING UP WITH:

Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making

Freemotion Maveriks
Finished or Not Friday

9 comments:

  1. Your columnn quilt is wonderful. Quilting and piecing. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That column quilt is amazing! Both the piecing and the quilting is so beautiful. I think it's so fun that you and your sisters do a round robin of quilts. Do you give them away, or keep them? Who decides who gets to keep what? I'd be fighting for the column quilt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilts are gorgeous! How lucky you are to have fellow quilters in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have sisters who also quilt. Neither of mine can thread a needle. You've make some really nice round robin projects. Do you do the quilting for all of them? The quilting on the column quilt is outstanding-just a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilts! The quilting on the last one turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing quilts, Deana! The quilting on the columns quilt is absolutely amazing, and I especially love the colours on the stars quilt. So much inspiration!

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible details on the quilting. You must be thrilled. Congrats on meeting your goal. On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for participating and linking up. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting is amazing! Oh my simply stunning. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.