Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Deana: First finish of 2015

Yay!  I have my first finish for 2015 and hope it will be followed by many more.  It was also on my 1st Quarter list for the 2015 Finish-along.  See the link back to that post here.




 I put the last binding stitches in it just last night.




I have always referred to this quilt as my "Autumn Flowers" because of the autumn colored flowers.  Below is a close up photo of the block with the names of friends and family who made each block and when they made it.  Yes, the first block was made in February 2004 and the last one in March 2005.  Each person was asked to make a flower block, any size and any pattern, out of the color scheme.



In August 2011 I came across Sophie's Block Lotto blog where I got the flower pattern I used for the border.  I think it was perfect for it.  I made it from scraps of fabrics I had in the autumn colors.

I did not get very fancy on the quilting and each block is quilted differently.  I just wanted it done quickly.  This quilt will just be something to cuddle up with as it is just a throw size.

Each block has the maker's name penned on it.  It was hard to write on the quilt, but all these years later I love that I have a record of each block.  I wish that I had done more quilt labels through the years.  Shame on me.







Over the weekend I also got tutorial #2 ready to post for the
 FREE Shimmer Braid QAL.  
It will release on February 10th.  The first tutorial is available at this link at Fort Worth Fabric Studio.  A PDF version is available at the bottom of the post.  Come join the fun!

We even have a blog where we will share our progress on this QAL.  Leave a comment if you wish to join.  You can find it here:





I am linking up today with:

BOMs Away

ALYOF  2015 finishing party


I am also making a post to the Block Lotto about this finish.


This is my first finish this quarter for the 2015 Finish-Along.  I will be linking up with the finishing party there at the end of the quarter.  Here is the link to my original goal setting post.

I linked this also to the finishing party at 2015 Finish-Along.
I am also participating in Kris and Peg's OPAM 2015 challenge to get things finished.  


12 comments:

  1. yay on the finish ! Love the flowers in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. The quilting is great. Is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess that I like eclectic quilts where each block is different but on a theme - and flowers are always a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! You have a very busy blog and it seems a very busy quilt life, too!! Your quilt is inviting and lovely. There is so much to look at and enjoy. I'd like to have it on my lap so I could run my hands and eyes over it, dreaming of all the love that went into it. Looking forward to following your quilt adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good first finish for the year -- love those finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous finish; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first finish for 2015. A beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely group quilt Deana! That border is just the bee's knees! And the little daisies you quilted on one of the blocks are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific finish of a long-term UFO! The border flowers really are perfect. And it's so fun to have blocks from different people with the name panel in there. I'm so in love with the colors of your Sparkle Braid design - it really calls to me strongly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deana, I'm always amazed at how much you get done. You've got a wonderful quilt there full of memories!

    I have two more quilt shops to finish up then I can start my shimmer braid. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out fabulous and yeah to you for getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a faboulus job.It is a great quilt

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.