Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Deana: Flowers

Val's Quilting studio's theme for today is flowers and flying geese.  I will do a separate post for the flying geese because there are so many photos in this post.

Here are my smallest flowers EVER.  I double fused the fabric and tacked them on with french knots.  This was a panel in my barn quilt for the DOD 2011 mystery project.

 

I made these flower blocks for the block lotto several years ago.  

 I did not win, but I did make more and put them as a border for my Autumn Flower Quilt. 

 I need to update the photo because the top is finished now.  This was a round robin.  I asked everyone in the group to make me a flower block of any size or style in autumn colors.
 This is a quilt I made for my teenage daughter.  I love the large flowers on it.  Doesn't it look all teenagerish?

 I quilted it in veriagated pastel colors. (The back)
This is a flower quilt I designer many years ago.  I sold many patterns, so I guess some other people liked it too.  I call it Lacy Daisies and it has hand embroidery on it.


And here is another flower I designed.  I was having fun with free style curvy piecing.

3 comments:

sophie said...

The Violet blocks make a perfect border for your Autumn Flowers quilt. When it's finished, I hope you will share a photo on Blocklotto.com for the Show & Tell gallery.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I love your Lacy Daisies quilt! It is so fresh looking and your hand embroidery adds lot of character to it while unifying the blocks. Very creative!

A Nudge said...

Wow! Love all your flowers - they're great.