Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 3, 2014

Deana's February Goals

This post shows my WOW or whips with Esther today, Sew Cute Tuesday, as well as my February goals. 


I joined "A Lovely Year of Finishes" in hopes of getting some encouragement towards finishing some projects.  To join you have to post your monthly goals and link up with the group (I am #101 in the link up group).  We will post our actual goal finishes at the end of the month.



Here are my February Goals:

1.  Finish the words in "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" as well as the strip of music.  This is a hand embroidery quilt.  I will be at some wrestling tournaments this month where I can do hand work. 
 FINISHED FEBRUARY 9, 2013  --


 2.  Finish the quilting on my mom's Utah Quilt.  It is pretty well on its way.  I machine quilt with a regular Bernina.  I don't have a longarm, so it takes me a lot longer.  The strings you see are basting stitches.    
FINISHED FEBRUARY 5, 2013  -- HOORAY!!
See the finish here.

 Below is my favorite block in the Utah quilt...the covered wagon with a little quilt in the back.
 3.  I hope to get 10 WindMill blocks done this month.  They sew up pretty fast except for the black applique centers which I do by hand.  I will be making two queen sized quilts out of these, one for each of my daughters.  I will need a total of 40 blocks. FINISHED FEBRUARY 24TH.
 4.  I hope to get this other quilt of my mom's quilted this month as well.
 5.  Number 5 is my Christmas Log Cabin Quilt.  I hope to complete 10 blocks for it.  It looks a little off because it is laying on top of my "Dear Jane" quilt on my design wall.  My snowman quilt is also on the bottom under it.  COMPLETED FEBRUARY 21.

6.  I also hope to complete 8 Dear Jane blocks this month which comes to two a week.  It is hard to do more than that with those little 4 1/2" blocks.  You just need a break from them.
FINISHED FEBRUARY 26TH.

The blocks next in line are shown below:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have lofty goals. I hope you get at least most of them done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bright windmills! What a lot of plans you have - hope you do well on them!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.