Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Deana: Goals Accomplished!!

I got so much done in February thanks to A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Below is what I accomplished:

Here were my February Goals:

1.  I hope to complete 8 Dear Jane blocks this month which comes to two a week.  It is hard to do more than that with those little 4 1/2" blocks.  You just need a break from them.

BEFORE:
 
FINISHED FEBRUARY 26TH.





2.  Finish the words in "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" as well as the strip of music.  This is a hand embroidery quilt.  I will be at some wrestling tournaments this month where I can do hand work. 
BEFORE:  

FINISHED FEBRUARY 9, 2013  --

I actually finished the entire section...hooray! 



This is where it goes on the quilt.
 


 3.  Finish the quilting on my mom's Utah Quilt.  It is pretty well on its way.  I machine quilt with a regular Bernina.  I don't have a longarm, so it takes me a lot longer.  The strings you see are basting stitches.    
BEFORE:


 Below is my favorite block in the Utah quilt...the covered wagon with a little quilt in the back.
 FINISHED FEBRUARY 5, 2013  -- HOORAY!!





4.  I hope to get 10 WindMill blocks done this month.  They sew up pretty fast except for the black applique centers which I do by hand.  I will be making two queen sized quilts out of these, one for each of my daughters.  I will need a total of 40 blocks.  


Because of all the inquiries I have received over a pattern for this quilt, I am working on a pattern for it and will post it in my Etsy shop soon.  I will post a link on my blog when it is ready.  Please leave a comment with your email if you would like an email when it is ready.

BEFORE:

FINISHED FEBRUARY 24TH.
My goal was 10 blocks and I finished 14 and the last three are very close.



 5.  I hope to get this other quilt of my mom's quilted this month as well. 
 I did not finish this goal but I made great progress.  
I will post a picture next month when it is done.

6.  Number 6 is my Christmas Log Cabin Quilt.  I hope to complete 10 blocks for it.  It looks a little off because it is laying on top of my "Dear Jane" quilt on my design wall.  My snowman quilt is also on the bottom under it.   

BEFORE:
(Sorry, Dear Jane is behind it.)




COMPLETED FEBRUARY 21.  My goal was 10 blocks and I made 16.  Hooray!

 


2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I'm amazed at how much you got done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You had a productive month. Do you ever sleep? I love the colour choices in all your projects, especially the Windmill quilt. Thanks for showing the back of Utah so we can admire your quilting. Your ambitious to aim for two blocks a week for Jane, I'd be happy to do one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.