Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I made progress this week -- Deana

I am SO EXCITED to have finally made some quilting progress.  Below are photo updates of what I accomplished this week.
I spent most of the week creating this next block for my "Quilted Barns".  This block goes in the Daughters of Dorinda Mystery project.  I am pleased with how it is coming along.  All of the tiny bridge pieces were turned under and glued together until I could stitch them down.  I still have about 1/3 left to hand stitch.  I will also add some thread painted thinner bars to add more detail to the bridge. 

I further intend to applique a horse and buggy on the road. 
I put a plastic spoon in the picture to give you an idea how tiny those bridge pieces are.

Below are three blocks that are partially done for the Block Lotto this month.  I need to get to a copy center to get an accurate template for template A.  My printer chops off the bottom edge of it, so I will have to get the template another way.  I would LOVE to win this quilt.  It is so me!  I have three more blocks cut out and want to do a total of 9.
Next are three blocks for my Omigosh quilt.  I loved the one I made for Linda so much that I just must have one for myself.  These blocks will finish at 4 1/2" each.  (spoon dimension again).

Next, I completed one more Dear Jane block.  I think it is SO DARN CUTE!   
F-5 is called Parcheesi.  It took me 1 hour and 42 min. today and has 25 pieces. 
I paper pieced and hand appliqued it.

I have spent a total of 60 hours and 50 min on my Dear Jane Quilt
So far it has 1,513 pieces.



2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I love to see how your projects turns out. Nice work Deana :-)

Elisabeth

Ann T. said...

WOW. Another masterpiece.
I got my Civil War done, but have to press it and take a picture to post.