Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 26, 2011

Ruffled Roses top FINISHED!

Wow, it is the last week of December, but I finally got the Ruffled Roses top completed.
The last set of swag borders. Finally have the hang of it, so this did not take too long to do.
Then they had to be set in a long border for each of the four sides. By the time I got them all together and pressed, I was ready for a break.
But I still had the corners to do. These are all appliqued, but I did them by machine, with a blanket stitch. If I had done them by hand, I would still be working on the center corners.
And FINALLY, ALL the borders and corners are set in place, pressed, and ready to be quilted. The pattern has the option of the little purple berries to be added to the wider green sashing. They are to sit at the peak of each swag. I pinned one on to see how I liked it, but I preferred to leave it bare. I like it better this way.
My helpers are not tall enough to hold it high enough to get the whole thing straight, but you get the idea of what it looks like. I have enjoyed this project, as it has been a challenge for me. I am glad I did it, but don't know if I want to try another one just yet. Susan Gorman likes little tiny pieces and really small HSTs. For now, I am happy with what I have done.

5 comments:

  1. Ann, it is so gorgeous!! I wish I had done it with you. Have you seen the new one for this year? It is a temptation as well, but I love last year's better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very tempting and I may relent. Having a new designer may be a change, but it looks like tiny pieces too. We shall see when I get everything done that I have going right now. With the ruffled roses done and the mystery and Civil War with only 1 block each left, I may do it. I have started a Jacob's Ladder, but those blocks work up so fast that I will need something else to do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! It is beautiful. I too am tempted with this years BOM. I love the colours.
    I will download it in case I do get around to making it. Lol
    I haven't finished this years yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So,so beautiful!! I do not think that I ever could make one like this one, just amazing :-)

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm s glad I got to see it in person! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.