Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May finish: Deana

I finally completed my miniatures.  I am so excited!!  Thank you for the UFO challenge, Judy!!
Each block finishes at 9" square.  The entire quilt is 41 1/2" square.  The flying geese in the border too me FOREVER and is the only reason it took me years to complete.  They were so boring and time consuming to make.  They finish at 1" x 1/2".  They were crazy.  The sad thing is that I think they would have been more showy if they were a little bit bigger.  Oh well.
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, I love the quilt, it is gorgeous!!!! Look at all those tiny geese too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--congrats on finishing that beatuiful quilt. I know how tiny the pieces are in the blocks so the flying geese must have taken a lot of patience. Wow! It is really beatuiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, I like your nice summery color choices. And that border does look insane- even paper pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to feature mini quilts! I love the size of the border blocks but that sure is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow--a gorgeous quilt. Such a wonderful combination of blocks! Would love to see it in person up close! Those flying geese are insane--you have my stunned admiration for completing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a beautiful quilt! I can understand that you thougt those flying geese was boring and took time to make. It is never fun to sew somthing that is boring, is it?

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing! I can't imagine having the patience to do that myself and it's beautiful besides. It must feel really great to have it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing finish! Love the colors, and hats off to you for your patience with those itty bitty flying geese. I have a friend that did about as many that size, and it almost did her in! :-) Anyway, congrats!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.