Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Dear Jane & Jessi's top

I made up another Dear Jane block last night.  This one is D-10 Battlefield and took me 45 minutes.  It has 42 pieces in it and was nearly entirely paper pieced.  I have to wonder, since Jane made this quilt around the time of the civil war, what her thoughts were when she created this block pattern.


I also finished assembling my Dear Jane rows last night.  They are not joined together, though.

I also FINALLY completed Jessi's quilt top and have it ready to baste for quilting.  It has turned out lovely.

3 comments:

Jan Marie said...

I love Jessie's quilt. How did you do the swirls?

Marie said...

I love Jessi's quilt too, and I am also wondering how you do the swirls. The quilt is really stunning!

Ann T. said...

I, too, love Jessi's top. It is gorgeous. And, I too am curious about your swirls. Are they appliqued on?
Your Dear Jane quilt is coming along nicely. I am sure Jane must have spent a lot more time than you did, as she probably had to hand stitch it AFTER she designed it. I do like the block. It is simple, but being paper pieced, time consuming and elegant.