Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Deana: Jan UFO finished!

#6 was the number drawn for the UFO challenge this month.  "Winged Things" was my #6 and WaaLaa, I cannot believe I finished it.  My goal was just the top but I got the borders done too.  I am going to attempt to quilt it this month also, but I have to be realistic about my time.

This quilt was born in 2003 when I asked fellow round robin participants to make me a "winged thing".  I sent it around again in 2004 to get more blocks.  I LOVE IT!

If you look closely you will find birds, angels, humming birds, lady bugs, dragon flies, butterflies, a baby chick, and bees.  The workmanship of many talented needle-turn appliquers is my favorite part.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a treasure. It is very pretty and a work of art. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special quilt...so glad you are much closer to having it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in time for spring...maybe you can nudge Mother Nature to cooperate with it. Block Exchanges and Round Robins are so much fun. The ideas of others during a challenge can be very positive! The angels are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...you've hard this project around for awhile. Congrats on finishing it and good luck at getting it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Love it! You'll treasure that quilt forever. Congrats on getting it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish. I really love that quilt.
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Its beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.