Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mom's Hexagon's in Rotation quilted

I am so excited to have finished my "One thing, one week challenge".  It was to quilt Mom's queen-sized "Hexagon's in Rotation" quilt.  It seems that I've quilted a gazillion of them, but it was really fun.  The really crazy thing is that I have two of mine that still need quilted.  You can see them here and here.

 
I hope she likes it.


I hope to post better photos later.  It is challenging to get a good photo when there is only one person home to hold the quilt up.  Laying them on the floor just doesn't do them justice.

This quilt project was born at our Dorinda retreat in June.   It is a stack-n-wack quilt designed by yours truly using the Super 60 ruler by Sara Nephew.  It is so fun and so fast to make. 

Below are some links to others I've quilted in the past:



5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful! congrats on your finish, i am sure your Mom will love it, and if she doesn't, i will be the first in line to help you find a loving home for it....lol great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning!! Congrats to both of you. I love the way you quilted it and the colors are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPIC!! What a gorgeous quilt--i have a great partiality for hexagons and just love the layout you created, and the colours, and, well, just everything! Congrats to you on finishing the quilting--you must be so proud. :-)

    Also, I just wanted to add that the quilts up top, from the retreat, are so beautiful. I'm sure Dorinda is thrilled that you carry on the tradition, and her beautiful pattern.
    TTFN
    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really turned out beautiful. You have done such a good job. I am working on the design for my buggy barn "Briar Rose" top. I am working on loops, similar to your loops on the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! What a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.