Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 19, 2010

DONE!!!

I am done!! I finished tacking down the binding while my "helpers" were asleep this afternoon. It is much easier to sew without toddlers climbing on the chair and trying to see what I am doing. Marie, I agree with you on the busy feeling of the sashing on the original. I like the plain much better, too. I also chose the green because there is less green in the blocks. I went with 2 inch borders and 4 inch centers. That all.owed me to break up the cross with the flower. I really like the effect.
Here is a section of the back. We stitched along the vine and around the big leaves and flowers. On the sunbursts, we stitched in the ditch. That was pretty time consuming. I had chosen a template with a feathery look to it, but Mom and Dorine talked me into this, as we would still be putting the feathers in. I am glad we went with this idea, as it worked up much quicker. The sashing is quilted with the pattern from the book. I enlarged it to fit the 2 inch sashing. On the 4 inch, I went down the middle. I really like the effect and am pleased with the outcome. The project sure took a lot longer than I ever dreamed that it would. I am so grateful for Mom and Dorine, and her friends, who helped me quilt it. I am also glad that I decided to hand quilt it, even though I had offers from Jennie's mother-in-law to put it on the long arm and machine quilt it. It just did not seem right to do that, after all the handwork and piecing that went into it.
It sure feels good to have it completed, though.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A great accomplishment. You finished it pretty fast when you got back. I think we should celebrate! It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it in "real life". I hope you will bring it to the retreat with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Ann, and even more so in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an honor to help with your quilt. I'm sure my friends feel the same. It is a great tribute to Dorinda, and I am so grateful the chance to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.