Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 6, 2009

building progress

Today I spent quite a bit of time auditioning fabrics and designing the bottom strip of the paper piecing. The tall part of the building will be in the greens with a pink/red bottom building under it. I'm going to do the building on the left in blues. I originally chose a blue piece for the background sky, but I'm leaning toward yellow because my blue building doesn't show up good on it. These fabrics are mostly from my hand dyed pieces with some batiks added. I am concentrating more on texture and contrast than color. This is an art piece, so natural colors aren't important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.