Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feathered Star

I finished another "old" project. This is a feathered star that I made from a class taught by Sharon Schamber 6-7 years ago. Mom took the same class and completed her quilt. Pictures of that quilt are posted on this blog on April 9th.

I love this feathered star pattern, but my colors are really crazy. I had been making and selling patterns for my row quilts back then and Sharon suggested I make a tropical one. This star is as far as I got on that tropical idea. The star is MUCH prettier done in more striking colors.

When I pulled it out of the box that stored it, all it needed was the center block pieced so I could assemble the block. I had to call my friend, Deb, to get a copy of the pattern for the center as I have no idea where mine went. After that I added a simple border, quilted it last week, and finally got the binding done yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.