Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DJ pieced some of this!

While viewing the blogger's quilt festival I came across two of my quilt friends' blogs. Sandra had this post of a quilt we made together. There were six of us who endeavered to make a "sliced" quilt. Each of us lived in various locations in the state. The rules were to come up with an "actual finished size" pattern of any photograph we wanted to re-create as a quilt. We then cut the pattern into six sections and mailed it out to each other. Each person in the group had to re-create their "slice" with only the pattern and a photo. We were not allowed to see one another's fabric choices or progress until the unveiling.

I made the section in the bottom right corner. I chose the "storm at sea" pattern because I felt it was fitting. Mine has the little blue and yellow fish in it.

I have yet to complete my

"sliced quilt" but it is BEAUTIFUL so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.