Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 31, 2023

July...

 350 blocks challenge by Prairie Moon 

July blocks made: 32

Total YTD blocks made: 334


  • 1 Celestial Star - well, sort of.  I turned the elephant 90 degrees wrong.  This is the second time I have made the same mistake.  Isn't that a sign that you are crazy?  


I keep forgetting that the block needs to be turned so as to align with matching background fabrics.  Can you see the mistake? I love the secondary pattern happening in the backgrounds!

Can I just add that the elephant applique' really is a fantastic way to avoid getting all of those twelve points in the center to come together perfectly?  I actually cut the wedges off in the middle because ithey are covered.





  • 4 scissor blocks
  • 2 Camp Curtains
  • 1 Crazy Quilty Lady quilt top assembly




  • 1 Black n White flower quilt top assembly (I will get a photo when it returns from the quilter.)
  • 4 Dollar Building Blocks - Month 2 stars
  • 12 spring mystery hexie flower blocks
  • 4 spring mystery applique' blocks
  • 1 Stashbee exchange block
  • 2 Exchange blocks (star and a bear paw)





Zoom - Yay!  
I was finally available when Chooky chose to zoom.  I nearly finished the 2nd quarter panel of my Laundry Basket Mystery applique' while enjoying a nice visit.  It is so wonderful to have actually met several of these wonderful ladies in person when I visited Australia in April.
Attendees were from Australia, New Zealand, Norway, the U.S.A., and Canada.  We have another friend that joins us from Germany, but I must have missed her.













July Progress.  
The yellow shows every project that I actually made some progress on in July.  I had 2 complete finishes and two tops done.  Yay!  This means I can start new projects soon!



I have eleven total finishes for the year, two of which were UFOs/WIPs and 9 were Newfos.  A Newfo is a new start for 2023.

I am hopeful to complete 6 more this year.  Two are at the quilters which will leave me with only 4 to complete my goal.  

5 comments:

  1. Great to have completely finish Colour My World .
    Beautiful pile of quilts also finished even with their sleeves on. I have a few more sleeves to do.
    Was lovely to catch up on Zoom even for awhile. You got lots of good photos of the girls. Slyvia came on late .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, and this Celestial Star is lovely. Cute elephant, great center! The Zoom meeting looks like a lot of fun!
    Thank you for sharing your recap, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how annoying on with the elephant, hopefully you can fix that via applique. Those blocks are really stunning. Congrats on all the progress in July. Fingers crossed you can keep some momentum once school gets started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay 350 blocks! Yay zoom! What fun! Until you put the blocks together, I couldn't see anything wrong with the elephants. Even so, it looks okay to me. Just a little different leaning guy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've probably made the rest of your blocks by now to get to 350
    ..... Well done..... Bugger about the elephant........
    Wonderful to see you on zoom again......I just love catching up with everyone......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.