Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 1, 2022

One Monthly Goal Update, PHD Progress, 15 Minutes Report

I got pretty close to finishing my One Monthly Goal in April.  The blocks are done minus 3 blocks that need the center circle appliqued.  The borders are done as well.  I do need to wash the glue basting out of the blocks and make the four corner log cabin.  Perhaps this week I will "git 'er done"!


Much of the center circle hand applique' was accomplished in the car last weekend as we drove for 10 hours in two days.  Part of that journey was attending the University graduation for my son.  I am so proud of him. He did it entirely on his own - paying for it himself with scholarships and multiple jobs.  He made it through 4 years without any college debt.  He earned a BS degree in Agriculture with an emphasis in animal science, an Associate degree in equine studies, and a minor in German.  


We are very proud parents!




His sweet wife at his side was such a help to him as well.  She graduated a year ago with a bachelors in hospitality management and earned a culinary certificate.



Here is the update on my PHD Challenge:



I have one finish and am very close on two more.  I only had 7 UFOs to start off the year and have started three new ones.  School will be out in 4 weeks and then I can power down on the sewing.

I worked on 6 different quilts this month.


Here is a list of the ones I started this year.



Here are my numbers thus far YTD.





15 Minutes Update:



I am doing well at 98%



Linking up with:






6 comments:

  1. You have made wonderful progress on your quilt top, stunning! Congratulations to your son, what a great achievement .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your son..... What will he do for work now ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to your son...that is awesome, and no debt (even better!)
    your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your son on his achievement, must get it from his mother, as you seem to achieve a lot as well as working too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to be proud, that is a great achievement. Congratulations to your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your son! You can be very proud of him. Lovely quilt top!
    Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.