Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Deana's 6&6: Santa's are cut out!

January's 6 and 6 is a new start and I started "Up on the Housetop".  

I got all of the reindeer blocks done and cut out the Santa blocks.
I hope to have the quilt quilted and bound by the end of 1st quarter this year.

Yay!  I took the time to cut out the Santas two days ago.  With these buggy barn style patterns you stack and slash and then rearrange the fabrics.  I wanted to see all of these before sewing them up in case I want to replace a few fabrics in a few places.  I am going to do that.

Here are a couple of unofficial picks.  The last Santa will have the beard replaced with something else.  The one with the directional print will need some tweaking too.  I may cut each piece specific to align the stripes better.  I just used my stash for these, so I didn't have very many reds that went together.

These Santas will be in the same quilt with my reindeer blocks.




Linking up with:

Crazy Mom Quilts
Finished or not Friday
Can I get a Whoop Whoop?
TGIFF

7 comments:

  1. I love Buggy Barn patterns! Have made two with a third in the works. This one is super-cute! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making an early start! Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are sooo cute. They will be darling with the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy... Such fun.. You could do a lot with the colours for presents and bling them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is going to be awesome,well done ,i am also your newest follower i hope you will follow me also and i look forward to seeing your santa finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun Santa's. I have never done a Buggy Barn pattern, but friends have and they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that looks fun! It's going to be really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.