Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Numbered Monthly UFO & 18 in 2018!

Every year I join an online group that draws a number for me monthly to tell me which project to work on.  For some reason I love it because I don't have to decide which one to work on.  This year I am joining Patchwork Times UFO Challenge.  

I am also joining the fun at What a Hoot Quilts 18 in 2018 challenge.  The list below has 15 projects to finish.  The three below it will complete my 18 for the other challenge.  Below is my list for 2018.

I am further joining Quilting Gail's PHD 2018.  You have to finish half of your UFOs in 2018 with a minimum of 12 quilts.  A finish means completely finished with labels.  I don't do labels but I can still do finishes.  You ALSO HAVE TO finish every new start this year.  Yikes!  I am doing a 6 & 6 challenge to finish 6 UFOs and start 6, so I will have to be sure those 6 get finished.

I am also linking this post to:
Bambi's Show N Tell Monday (She featured me this week!  Yay!)
BOM's Away (She is joining me in the Patchwork Times and 18 in 2018 online groups.  Check out her post here.)

1.  Sliced Quilt.  My goal is to have a finished top.

I plan to turn the circle into a square by appliqueing the circle onto a square piece.  I am also going to paper piece a village row at the top and at the bottom.

This quilt was a sliced quilt challenge I did with friends many years ago.  I made the slice with the boy on the sled and the bottom half of the far right (bottom of the houses and down). 

2 & 3 Diamond Hill.  I hope to get the top done this year.

I need to hand applique vines in the borders.  I am planning on taking two months to do this so I am listing it for two separate draws.

4.  Quilter's Garden.  Two tops need to be quilted.

I designed this as part of an online swap group in August of 2014.  It was so much fun and I just love it!  Now it needs quilted.  Mom asked me to quilt  hers so I plan to quilt them both the same month.

This one is mine.

This one is Mom's.

5.  Pink Hexagon and Justin's Bear Paw.  The hexagon quilt needs quilted while the Bear Paw quilt needs started.  I hope to start and finish the whole quilt top in one month.  It is for my son who is currently serving a church mission in Germany.  He has been gone for a year and a half and will return this summer.  Perhaps I could have it done by his birthday in July.

Here is the Hexagon quilt.  It took me forever to find a back for it.  It has unusual colors.  The white is an odd grey.



Here is a photo of the one I designed for my sister.  My son's quilt will have some reds in it and a different color of blue.  I am using my stash for his.



This is the fabric I have chosen.

6.  Winged Things and Blue Round Robin quilts - they both need to be quilted.  
The Winged Things quilt started in 2003 as a state round robin for applique.  I didn't get enough blocks for it so I did it a second year on a non-applique robin.  Several years later I finally assembled it into a top.

The Blue Round Robin quilt is my mothers and needs quilted.  My sisters, Mom, and I made it together in a round robin, so I made 1/5th of the quilt.

7.  Quilt and Bind Bear Paw Quilt



8.  Justin's Medallion needs started and finished in 2018.  My son has requested this exact same quilt pattern and in the same colors as the one I made for my daughter.  He won't get it until he gets married, but it is challenging enough that I want to get it done long before he gets engaged.  I have the fabric purchased and ready to start sewing. 

I have already quilted three of these.  I designed it with my Daughter #2 for her wedding.  This is the one my son wants me to replicate with exact colors.




I also quilted my mom's,

and Daughter 1's.  This is a photo of my husband and I dancing in front of the quilt at the wedding.




This is the fabric I have chosen.

I also want to quilt my Mystery brights quilt.




9. Quilt Felicity's log cabin/star Quilt








10.  Quilt Felicity's Woodsy Quilt.  It is the same pattern as the two listed above.  I just turned the one design into trees to go with her woodsy theme.


11. Sweet Cherry Orange needs to be quilted and bound.  These blocks were mailed to me from all over the world as members of the Stash Bee.  I designed it and requested the colors.  I love it!






I  also want to piece and quilt my  Priceless red/yellow quilt.  



12.  This country quilt was made in a family quilt-a-long.  I made it entirely from my stash which makes it even more delightful.  My goal is to quilt it complete with binding.  It is the exact same pattern as the quilt listed in #8.  Don't they look different?




I further plan to quilt and bind my Christmas Log Cabin.   I finally finished the top in 2017 and want it completely finished this year.







The extra three projects to complete 18 in 2018 are below.

1.  Quilt & bind Grand Illusion Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt


2.  Quilt & bind Block Lotto Winner Quilt




3.  Quilt & bind Dear Jane

10 comments:

  1. You have some more really wonderful projects lined up! I'm so impressed with how many doubled-up months you're committing to. Really looking forward to see these beauties get their quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you will be doing more quilting than piecing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deana I am blown away with your aim. Go girl.. it will be a great year for finishes. You have an amazing collection of designs. You and your family should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful projects you have on the go...I love them all and all are so worthy of finishing up. Good luck with your goals. You look so pretty in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a list! I love the Diamond Hill UFO and the quilt you designed from your bee blocks is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed! So many wondrfull quilts, a joy for the eye!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for listing these out - I will have two blog posts later this week for 18 in 2018. One for quilting and one for piecing. The process of preparing the lists has been MOST illuminating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are so beautiful! I especially love the sliced quilt and Diamond Hill projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of beautiful awesomeness you have planned for this coming year! You and your husband are a nice looking couple, and he's certainly tall! Like my brother - about a foot taller than I! Best of luck with finishing all those projects, but whatever is finished will be more than if you didn't make an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt projects are amazing!! I especially like the Quilter's Garden. I checked out the patterns and am wondering if you have a pattern available that includes all of the rows and the border? Also does the sewing machine pattern listed on craftsy include all the different machines that you have in your row?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.