Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

17 in 2017 update

Here are my 17 projects for 2017 and an update on every one of them.  The idea was to make progress on them in 2017

1.  Block Lotto Quilt - I won this quilt in 2016.  It was my first ever Block Lotto winning and I just love it!  I hope to at least get some borders on it and put it into the "to be quilted" pile.


Top Done!


2.  Periwinkle - This one just needs borders, quilted, and bound.  It was a family round robin that my sister put together for me.  Each year my two sisters, mom, and two sisters-in-law purchase fabric and select a design for a family member.  We cut it all out and make it into monthly kits.  Each month we pass the around so everyone works on them.  We always make sure an entire finished top makes it home to the owner at the end.  My sister Tracy created it for me.

Top Done!



3.  Dear Jane - I have 2 1/2 rows left to get the middle blocks done.

Much progress - 6 blocks to go


4.  Mystery Country - This is a mystery quilt I designed and did with my family  in 2016.  It is close to done, but I cannot reveal it all yet until the other group members catch up.  I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Top Done!  No photo to show.  I may use this for a mystery quilt.

5.  Jodi's Lattice - I designed this one for my sister and still want to make myself one.  This was also a family round robin quilt.



Almost Quilted!


6.  Star Crazy - This one is also mine and needs quilted and bound.

Basted and ready to quilt!  It is the middle one in the pile.



7.  Mystery Brights Quilt - This is a second mystery quilt I started out of the same pattern as #4 above.  Still can't show too much.

Nothing done on this at all this year!


8.  Sliced Quilt Challenge - This was one of the first group projects I ever did.  Each of us selected a picture to recreate, blew it up to the size we wanted our quilt to be, sliced it 6 ways, and gave each slice to a group member to recreate.  One lady in the group never did my slice so it is the one that is not done.  No worries.  She and I are close friends and I love her.

So, my mind has pondered a bit on how I want to finish up this project.  I think I want it to end up rectangular.  I was browsing quilt blogs and found the perfect border for it (I think).  I found that Janeen at Quilt Art Designs has designed the perfect edition to my little quilt.  She has created a landscape quiltalong, but the row I want is the last one, so I may have to wait awhile to buy the pattern.  

Circle complete and a plan on how I want to finish it.  I want to square it up. I purchased a darling paper pieced winter town row that I want to border the top and bottom with.




9.  Quilted Barns - this is a quilt I designed as I went along.  I hope to add a few more blocks.  Each block is pretty intense, so I will consider that good progress.

Not touched this year yet!

10.  Tracy's Columns - I need to quilt if for my sister Tracy.

Done!


11.  Felicity's stars designed by Tracy - I need to quilt this for Felicity.

Done!


12.  Jessi's Medallion - I need to quilt this for Mom.  I designed it and have made two of them and still want to make another for my son.  

Done!


13.  Felicity's blue sparkle stars - I need to quilt this for Felicity.  This was a family round robin quilt.

Done!


14.  Spider Web - I need to quilt this for Felicity.  This was also a family round robin quilt.

Not touched this year!

15.  Christmas Log Cabin - This is a lovely log cabin quilt out of Christmas fabrics.  It is really very close to done and only needs a 17 on 2017 challege to finish the top at least.

Top done and basted to quilt.


16.  Jodi's Chevron - I need to quilt this for my sister, Jodi.



Done!

17.  Storm & Sea - This one is mine and it needs quilted and bound.
Done!



I am linking up with 

9 comments:

  1. You certainly have accomplished a lot this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous pieces here. I love the group circular piece. Another favorite would be Felicity's Star. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Well, it sounds like Felicity is quite the quilt hog. HAHA jk Her name is mentioned a lot . . . and I wish I was the recipient of these quilts. So much hard work, and the quilting is lovely. Is there going to be an 18 in 2018? Just curious, and curious if you are going to join in? You still have time to finish all of your 17. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just WOW. These are all so beautiful! and so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you've probably done the most of all the other participants. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration with all the beautiful quilts you make. I can't believe the amount you get done. Well done. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna I’m blown away with how much you have covered this year, so many beautiful beautiful quilt tops. It’s 1am here have to go to bed but will come back again to morrow and have a good look at them all up close and visit your mum and the girls blogs too. Cheers Glenda who flits from this to this and nothing gets finished but Lm having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay... so many DONE's! I LOVE number 13, but all of them are beautiful. What a lovely idea to have family round robins and mystery quilts. Great to have other family members who quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the prettiest lineup for your 17, and you've accomplished so much!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.