Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Deana's Quilted Barn Mystery: Block #1 done

For anyone who is not following the Dorinda Mystery, I thought I'd post my finish for you to see.

Rule number 1 required a 12" block with at least 4 flying geese and we could use any technique we wanted.

Here is what I did:
Can you see my flying geese?  There are 22.

 
The silo is paper-pieced.  It has 154 pieces in it so far and will have more when I complete it in another section to be added to the bottom.  I painted the top of the silo with fabric paints and did threadwork for the tree and bird.  I will maybe add some leaves later because I want an early autumn look.  The barn is paper pieced also.  I added the hexagon shaped window after rule #2 came out so this window would match the second block.

SO MUCH FUN!!!


2 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

What an amazing block! The detail work is truly wonderful.

Nedra said...

Wow! Fabulous design on the barn block.