Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Goodies in the mail

More Dorinda progress -- mostly basting
I received this Halloween block in the mail from Jenn in Arlington, Texas. I love it! I am getting so excited to put my Halloween Quilts together. I have a few more blocks to complete and then I can mail some more out and start assembling my kids quilts.

Remember my art quilt swap? Well this is what I got in return. It came to me all the way from Margaret in Maine. She lives near the ocean and likes to depict it in her work. She calls it "Orca". I love it! This quilt was my 2nd choice -- we could choose up to 15. I teatered back and forth between this one and another while classifying them in order of preference. I'm very happy and will likely do it again.
As for the swap, I would LOVE for her to do one the same way only not ART quilts. While I absolutely LOVED trying my hand at art, I do feel that there were several ARTISTS who submitted works although they were not really QUILTERS. Having been a quilter for over thirteen years, I'm a little partial to high quilting standards. I selected the quilts with the best workmanship and ones that were washable. Maybe I'm just a little more on the traditional side than I thought.
As far as my quilt is concerned, it really didn't turn out as artsy as I'd hoped. I still need more practice. I certainly am not straight traditional because I like odd twists, but I guess I'm not an artist yet either.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.