Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Flower quilt top done and other progress

My flower quilt top is done and off to the fairy who magically and beautifully quilts for me.  I didn't get a photo for some reason.

Another Celestial Star is born. It is a little pale, but the dark purple does pop.



Camp curtains were made. The ones in my trailer were getting sun rot. Since these fabrics have been hanging around my sewing room for years, and we really don't use the trailer all that much, I chose to use up fabric that wasn't my fave. They went ok with the browns in the trailer. There was just exactly enough which makes one feel like it was meant to be.

Sadly the camper isn't going up the mountain with me this camping trip, and I am resigned to sleeping in the back of my 4 runner. My husband is super busy with work and doesn't have time to run it up there. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself either.






Laundry Basket Mystery has another quarter panel ready to hand applique. Prepping it really takes some time.  In the photo the left side is done while the right side is half done. 




I had Hoped  to do a little hand stitching on it while camping over the weekend.  All 8 of my sweet little grands were there to entertain me.  

The camp trip was so so good for me, and the littles loved it too. We kayaked, paddle boarded, did puzzles and games, biked, hiked up a little stream, played in the creek, fished, and made smores. My husband didn't end up in any photos,  but he was there. Here are some photos...

D1's family minus a husband who couldn't come



D2's family


Who knew riding bikes in the creek was a thing?



It was a beautiful day except for mosquitoes.  We survived though






Me with my 8 joys! They range from 6 years old to 5 months. 




Self care nails and hair...a new me.

I decided to go darker on my hair color, a little more like my natural color. You can see it in the photo showing me with all 8 of my grands. I hated it the first week, but now I guess the idea if it is settling in. Love the nails though! 





6 comments:

  1. love the pic of your with all the kids..........special memories made.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family - great photographs. Your applique project is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of curtains for the camper! They look great, and even better you used up some unloved stash. Your applique project is coming along beautifully. Looks like a fun time camping. I bet the kids all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done looking after you! The curtains look wonderful and a perfect colour match as you say. Your weekend away sounded very busy, great photos with your joys. Beautiful applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely family times . Love the nails...very summery. It takes a while to adjust when you do a big change in hair - I got mine foiled all over to make it blonder so the "natural colour" (ie grey) doesn't show as much.. It was a shock for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty nail, great hair colour, special family times, and lots of work on your Laundry Basket quilt too, oh, and great job with the curtains.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.